Yesterday’s list was a last-minute kind of blog, but it made me feel productive after an unspectacular day.
Today already felt productive because several of my tasks were back-to-back, which made me feel very busy. So, at the risk of ruining a good thing, I thought another bulleted list would help artificially inflate my sense of accomplishment!
- Emailed a bunch of strangers to schedule meetings
- Scheduled meetings with the ones who responded
- Those also happened to be some of the more absurdly good-looking people at the company
- Had a productive meeting with my manager
- Seemingly with no consequences of my slight sassing from yesterday
- Ate lunch with a really old friend
- Walked even FURTHER to eat lunch
- Dialed into a conference call
- Picked up a headset for that Britney Spears feel/so I can type and be on the phone
- Made decent progress with an assignment I’ve been working on since Monday
- Befriended the girls working around my new desk assignment
- Got a telemarketing call on my work phone
- Wore a Snow White hairbow without anyone commenting on it
- Found the coathook in my cubicle so I don’t have to hang my coat on my chair anymore
Phew, now I feel better about hitting a productivity wall around 3:30 today and really only being busy for about 2 hours.
What small accomplishments are you celebrating today?
P.S. I made a joke about using 2 teabags yesterday despite not being at a rave. Some people didn’t get the reference, so here it is: