I started this post on January 1, 2015, knowing how difficult it was to put together my 2014 post, but I have not been as good about updating it with significant events in the 364 days that followed, unfortunately. (So much for the foresight to avoid my current struggle.) Despite that, I can still tell you a lot of really big things that happened in 2015 because it was a significantly eventful year for me.
In the interest of time, here are some things I did in 2015 (without accompanying photos) (for now):
- Took the GMAT after 15 days’ notice
- Got into graduate school
- Withdrew my enrollment from graduate school so that I could say yes to a different opportunity
- Reunited with my friend Tammy after having not seen her for over 10 years
- And again the day after Christmas! Meaning I saw her 2 times in 2015, which is 2 times more than the past 10 years combined!
- Survived Valentine’s Day
- Cooked a surf ‘n’ turf meal of steak & crabcakes from scratch
- Attended a really kick-butt Valentine’s Day party
- Hit a bus (at ~3 mph)
- Saw a tree fall
- Watched 50 Shades: The Musical Parody at the Warner Theater
- Attended my first ever Instameet, courtesy of the Smithsonian National Museum of Natural History
- Watched Anything Goes at the Warner Theater
- Saw Chelsea Clinton at the American Heart Association ball
- Met and had my copy of The Buried Giant signed by Kazuo Ishiguro
- Listened to the NSO Pops and Lea Salonga perform live at the Kennedy Center
- Saw my friends Megan and Don get engaged
- Proved that blog friends are real friends when Christine and Karen visited
- Went to Florida for my first proper spring break, stopping by:
- Started a new job with an exciting new DC startup
- Left that job
- Watched Once at the Kennedy Center
- Moved my stuff to Ben’s place
- Ran my first Color Run (belated blog post to come shortly)
- Resumed eating chips!
- Attended Diner en Blanc DC
- Saw Bo Burnham at the Lincoln Theater
- Saw Stromae at Echostage
- Started a full-time web development boot camp
- Got food poisoning for the first time
I’m sure there are more significant events that happened in 2015 that I just never got around to writing down here. It’ll be March and I’ll suddenly jerk away with the realization that I actually did something super wicked awesome and need to put it on this recap before I forget it forever!!
As far as reflections on 2015… I’m glad that I was able to attend so many live performances! These experiences can get expensive but the Kennedy Center has made them so much more affordable than I previously thought possible. Definitely take advantage if you are 18-30 and/or active military! I really did try to say “yes” to more experiences this year, given how well that went for me in 2013 and how I felt the effects of not doing so in 2014. It definitely doesn’t hurt, although being a student and paying tuition did put a damper on saying yes to as many of these experiences.
It quieted down towards the end of the year when I started my full-time boot camp. But I’m really excited for what 2016 will hold because I am entering a new field and there are just so many new opportunities opening up for me. I just have to be brave enough to go for them.
How was your 2015? Any big milestones?