I thought I’d introduce (yet another) category/series here. I am a really big fan of simple pleasures. Little things that sometimes make your day, and you feel their absence a lot. Often, I don’t appreciate my simple pleasures until they’re not there.
I may occasionally end up doing Friday Favorites editions that focus on simple pleasures, but we can worry about that later.
Here are a few simple pleasures that I’m appreciating of late:
- Sitting on the top tier of the double decker train
- When the bread part of a cream bun is sweet and moist
- Russian folk and ballet music
(My Monday work jam)
- Publishing a blog post
- With my own photos whoa
- Savoring the piece of chocolate I’ve been saving all day
- Gently nice-smelling soap
- Fixing something that had been broken for a while
- Without putting in as much work as you thought would be required.
- Tambourines at karaoke
- Babies smiling at you
- Unnecessarily cute food
Sorry that I haven’t posted all weekend. I wasn’t able to get to a computer on Friday OR yesterday. I am really bummed that I was going so strong with BEDA and was thwarted by unpreparedness. I’m going to try to catch up!
Tell me about some simple pleasures from your week?